måndag 11 juli 2011

You make me feel like a natural woman

Bra artiklar som ogiltigförklarar "det är naturligt"-motiveringen av könsskillnader utifrån en biologisk och evolutionär ståndpunkt. De är ganska långa, men lättbegripliga. Läs, läs, läs!

Why do women shop and men hunt?
"And, I'm afraid, the validity from an individual's perspective of the various arguments that men and women are genetically programmed to be different (in ways that make biological sense) is normally determined by the background and politics of the observer and not the science. I am trained in behavioral biology, I was taught by the leading sociobiologists, I've carried out research in this area, and I was even present, somewhat admiringly, at the very birth of Evolutionary Psychology, in Room 14A in the Peabody Museum at Harvard, in the 1980s. So, if anyone is going to be a supporter of evolutionary psychology, it's me.

But I'm not. Let me 'splain..."

The natural basis for gender inequalities.
"A review of our evolutionary context is interesting to me (it is what my professional research life is entirely about) and this context is causative. But a realistic look at our evolutionary biology does not give any simple answers, and never, ever does it provide justification for unfairness or violence.

There is a reason they call it the Naturalistic Fallacy."

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Om mig

Fröken E
Det enda du behöver veta om mig är att min blogg egentligen skulle hetat Tvångstankesmedjan, men pågrundav hjärnsläpp från undertecknad i bloggens tillblivningsögonblick blev det istället Tvångstankedjan, ett helt jävla random namn som inte betyder någonting alls.
Visa hela min profil
Använder Blogger.